Wiring Diagram

Good day all !! Just wondering if anyone out there can put me in the right area for an electrical wiring diagram for a '99 Corolla. Having a problem with no dash light active with any door open, no alarm for when headlights are left on, no seatbelt light, no trunk open light on dash. I checked at the domelight for ground circuit on the door open side.....have no ground here so I suspect the problem lies in a controller for said circuits. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Toyota Forklift Man.

Reply to
ToyotaForklift

You can get online access to factory repair manuals and wiring diagrams in pdf format at techinfo.toyota.com for $10/day.

Check the plunger switch on the door jamb to make sure it pops out when you open the door. It may be stuck in the off position. The plunger switch is under a rubber boot near the bottom of the door jamb. Carefully peel the rubber boot back and lube the switch with WD-40. If the switch is good, check the dome fuse.

Reply to
Ray O

The dome light works when in the "on" position...there is no ground being completed when the dome light is in the "door" position (there is a seperate ground circuit for each position). The dome light grounds through the door switches when doors are opened......trouble is the dome light does not come on with any of the door switches and it's highly unlikely that all of the door switches have failed. I was just looking at the schematic for my '94 Tercel and I really can't see there being much difference between it and the '99 Corolla.......it's just a dome light circuit !! BUT.....that's what makes me wonder if there may be a time alarm control unit that controls warning lamps and buzzers in the car.

Toyota Forklift Man.

Reply to
ToyotaForklift

Checking a door switch to see if a plunger is stuck in the down (open circuit) position only takes about a minute, and it wouldn't surprise me if all of the door switches were stuck. A 1 minute investment in time will confirm or eliminate a stuck switch as the cause. I'd also check the gauge and dome fuses.

The way the dome lights for the '94 Tercel and your '99 Corolla are wired are probably the same or very similar, good enough for diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O

All mine were bad in my '92 Corolla Wagon.

Thanks to Ray, all of them work now.

A little squirt of WD 40 under the rubber boot fixed mine...

Try it.

Reply to
Scott in Florida