Brake line rerouting?

Hi all

Being snowed in, having too much time on my hand so am thinking this:

Yesterday I took a section of the bottom of my tunnel off (the frame head bottom plate) and was wondering if it is advisable to re-route the brake line through the tunnel instead. It would be easy to do right now.

It just seems that one can step on the brake line, it normally being so close to the pedal cluster and putting the line in the tunnel would obviously alleviate that problem - if it is indeed a problem or is that not necessary?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco

Not necessary. When I built my kit-car, I found the project with the greatest yield to advantage was rerouting the gas line.

Reply to
Done

.=2E.too much time... I also would like to have that :-) I didn't have time to put the carb on and it only take 10 minutes. Lucky guy :-) My brake line in close to the pedal cluster for 34 years and had no problem with that.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Really? I replaced my fuel line, but it is still in the tunnel. How did you reroute it?

Reply to
Remco

Well, that's the advantage of 15 inches of snow: you can't go anywhere. They finally plowed my street around 11 this morning (live on a dead end - we're always last). I do have VPN to get to my work stuff and find I actually get a a lot more done at home than at work -- people forever interrupt me there and want me to attend boring meetings. So when I can, I'll work from home. When I need a break from work and stand back from what is being done, I'll jump in the garage and tool around for an hour or so - it is quite nice and refreshes the mind. Much better than a smoking brake. My best work ideas I get in the garage - My best garage ideas I get at work :) Everyone should be able to do it.

My bug experience is limited so was wondering if there's some sort of benefit of sticking the brake line in the tunnel. I'll just leave it the way it is, then. Those clever German engineers knew what they were doing there too, I guess. :)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I ran 3/8" malleable aluminum fuel line from the electric pump under the gas tank to the right wheelwell (with filter) through the inside of the lip on the passenger side under the pan, held in place by aluminum clips. Wrapped around the malleable aluminum fuel line is a split fuel line for protection. On top of that I added aluminum guards where it seemed vulnerable - wretched excess, but what the heck, why not?

You might have to see it to appreciate.

Bring lots of money. Drive it away. :)

Reply to
ELSAN

Sounds good! When I replaced mine, I holesawed two 2" holes in the bottom of the tunnel to gain access the fuel line's retaining clips, attached the new line to the old one, pulled the old one out, pulling the new one in. Since then, I've taken te bottom plate off the framehead off so that would have made life easier for me - ohwell..

Reply to
Remco