Brakeline Brass T-Fitting

Hey Everyone,

I ran a new main brakeline through the car today (what a PITA job!) and I had to be somewhat creative in getting the line to fasten to the T-Fitting. Here is my question folks: How vital is it that the T-Fitting be bolted to the frame of the car? I had to loosen it off of it's bracket in order to get the main line hooked up, and I didn't take the time or effort to reposition it back down so that it would attach to it's bracket.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

depends....alot on how smooth the roads are....if the tee isn't bolted down you have a hunk of metal that can bounce around and eventually cause a line to break(after bending back and forth alot)it could take years, weeks, months, or may never do that....not a chance *I* personally would take...the threaded "tab" can be bent some to help line it all back up...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

OK....that's what I wanted to hear....I didn't feel comfortable letting it bounce around....VW didn't build it that way, so it isn't right...

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

yeah i know what you mean... i did it the hard way...

--

Reply to