Cables

Tired of those piano-wire throttle and heat-control cables?

http://63.230.74.177/baja/page6.html Max

Reply to
Max Welton

jimt

Maybe so. But 25' of 1/16 "Wire Rope" only cost $2.25 down at the hardware store.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Man I'm so tried of my accelerator cable breaking that very time I walk in the auto parts store the guys there know automatically what I need. I have gone through so many of them it ant even funny. Oh, and the places I've been stranded because of it ant funny either. I learned to buy an extra ones. They always break in the same place which is inside the "s" shape peace that goes in the roller pedal. I believe it happens because they are not crimped on very well. I was thinking that I would have a spot weld done on the spare I have now but I like your idea better. I once was stranded 25 miles from home (luckily during the day) and had to buy some copper wire to temporarily fix the broken cable.

Reply to
benntn

If they brake that regularly, you have an issue with quality and/or fit. Is it adjusted long enough so it wont pull on the cable during WOT and engine flex?

J.

Reply to
BergRace

It's has enough slack to be adjusted at WOT yes. I just think they made poorly.

Reply to
benntn