car donation?

Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good home, so I was considering donating it to a tech school that could use it as a practice car. I contacted De Anza College, but they don't want a car that old. Does anyone know a good tech high school? I'd want to be able to claim the value of the car as a tax deduction, so it would have to be a non-profit organization.

Details on the car:

If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know.

Thanks,

-Sam

Reply to
Sam

You might want to donate your car to a charity. Before you do, read the following web page for suggested do's and don'ts. There are legitimate charities and fraudulent ones out there.

If you can't decide on who to donate it to, I am willing to take it off of your hands, although I am not a tax deductible charity.

Reply to
Randall

Donate to "Purple Heart" in your area the proceeds go to our Veterans and they will pick it up.

lovebus

try donating it to a young VW enthusiast instead. I'm sure you would find it a good home at

for example.

I would take it but I'm in Virginia :( That is my dream VW right there.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson