car of Yucca Flats

Ok, I am sorry for bringing this up to you all, you have been kind to me in the past and I repay you like this. There is a HORRID movie named "The Beast of Yucca Flats" staring Tor Johnson (that should tell you something) and in the movie is a car I don't know. Have you seen the movie? Can you ID the car? It is a rear engine, air cooled car that has air slits in the rear hood I think. I think it may have been a little bigger than a beetle but it ain't a beetle or even a VW for that fact.

If you haven't seen the movie can you suggest some other VW like cars that would have made it to the US in the late 50s or early 60s?

It is not a Corvair, and not one of the post Beetle VWs.

Regards, LLB

PS.. the Beast of Yucca Flats may be the worst movie ever.

Reply to
LLBrown

It looks like it's up on youtube, if anyone wants to spend the time watching it.

Reply to
El Maximo

I really can't ask anyone to actually watch the film if they haven't already done so, it is so poorly done in so many ways. A classic of sorts......bad sorts.

LLB

Reply to
LLBrown

Sounds like you are describing a Renault 4CV. Just a guess since I gave not seen the film.

Karl

Karl got it correct! I went back and checked the film against the wikipedia article, the cars are the same. I also Googled images on the 4CV and they showed a convertable like in the movie.

If you want to watch this mess it is on youtube right at the 9:00 minute mark in the movie. Here is the address:

Thanks again Karl.

Regards,

LLBrown

Reply to