'Car Repairs Are Forbidden'

ROTFLMAO!!

You missed one little detail... here, let me.....

"TALK TO DA HAND BUDDY!"

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

American yuppies just suck. one_of_many, you're welcome to move here anytime. A couple of weeks ago we dropped the engine and replaced the heads on the street in front of a friend's house. All the neighbors who passed near us just stopped by to say hi and offer us help/advice/tools and such. Perfect paradise.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I agree. That's your speed. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:10:49 -0500, "Susan S." scribbled this interesting note:

In my considered opinion if you want to live somewhere with enforced conformity and somewhere you have to pay dues (on top of all the other taxes that you must already pay) to live and in a location where your house can be stolen...uh, I mean foreclosed upon for not making it look exactly like all the other houses around you, then you are welcome to live there and I wish you well.

I'm just glad none of my neighbors has ever complained about my collection. I try to keep it contained and presentable, but if I had to I'd take the worst looking car in the whole bunch, insure it, register it, keep it driving, but make it noisy (just within legal limits, of course), make it ugly, and give the nosy neighbors something they would wish they could complain about, but would have no legal leg upon which to stand.

I've found it is almost always best to mind your own business first before you mind someone else's. Why is this best? Because if you try to mind someone else's business they just might try to mind yours as well and that is a road most folks who start this particular circle are ill prepared to travel.

John Willis

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:19:54 -0500, "dragenwagen" scribbled this interesting note:

Where we live that particular portion of the municipal code allows you to pretty much have whatever you want on your property as long as it is not visible from public or private property. In short, if no one can see it then no one can complain. This explains Scott's new privacy fence that is over seven feet tall!:~)

John Willis

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:13:32 -0500, "Susan S." scribbled this interesting note:

It would only take about thirty minutes or less to finish the job with a sawzall!:~)

John Willis

Ah, there lies the problem !! He's been sawzall on one body and adding it to another body in the yard. Every few days he thinks of something else to cut up, tear up and weld on LOL !! But hey....if he got his butt in gear, he could sawzall up the remainder of the old body and at least get that the hell out of the way !!! Thanks !! Time for the "mom" call as my son calls it !!

Susan

74 Std Betty

Reply to
Susan S.

I think I may have been misunderstood. I am not in agreement that people should dictate every move a citizen makes in or around his own home. In fact, there is one of those exact subdivisions in my area. One of there big rules is that if you are not in your garage, driveway or yard, your garage door must be shut at all times. And yes, people are selling their houses and moving out due to the homeowner's association getting way out of hand. But, there is a big difference in that, and local code ordinances that rule over plain old crap laying everywhere in a unmowed yard. Maybe that doesn't bother some people....it sure bugs me. I work very hard keeping my yard cut, my home kept up and my stripped down bug in the back yard til fixed. Do I think someone should be free to work on their cars in the front yard, sure !!! Do I think that same car should sit up on cinderblocks for 6 months with no one touching it ? Hell No.

Susan

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

My dad's setup in the house I grew up in had the following:

1) roof mounted tower (collapsing) for a 3 band 6-element yagi up about 30 feet from the roof peak with 6 cable stays. 2) another yagi, but 5 element for only 15 meters on the other side of the house, again up about 30 feet from the roof peak, but one of the cable stays ran to a tree trunk about 70 feet away from the house. Roof peak is already up about 40 feet. 3) 40 meter vertical hidden in the "forest" 4) 80 meter and 40 meter dipoles strung around the trees. 5) A special full or multi wavelength listening dis-similar dipole strung 10 feet off the ground from the bach porch down through the "forest" for 80 meters. It went the whole length of the property almost.

Needless to say, it was an obvious antenna farm. Being on the peak of a hill overlooking essentially europe did him well with the one wavelength forward height ;)

He kicks it with a club shack in the caribbean islands these days smashing DX contest records.

No neighbors ever complained about the antenna farm, but he did assist with adding filters to their phones (he ran full legal PeP limit).

There was a problem with a friend of his in the same town that wanted to construct a 150' self-supported tower, but ran into some problems with the town's zoning board mainly due to his neighbors objecting. I don't recall the details, nor whatever happened.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:50:58 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

i agree with Mr. One....if billy-bob can afford a 200,000 dollar house, chances are damn good he is going to respect it and keep it up...not always true, but even homeowners associations have trouble with people that don't even fit the stereotypical "billy-bob"....i dont' want someone to drag my property value down anymore than the next guy, but i won't tolerate petty rules such as no being able to paint/side my house the color *I* want....but that is also why i would not live in a homeowners association....to each his own.. JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:10:01 -0400, Joey Tribiani scribbled this interesting note:

I suppose the pun contained in the last phrase of your post was fully intended??? (Regardless, I fully agree with the pun!)

John Willis

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:20:49 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...not intended but turned out well, don't you think? JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Sure would be funny if that lady's car somehow lost its oil drain plug in the parking lot, or the petcock on the radiator worked itself loose, or a brakeline "worked lose" and dumped fluid on the lot.... wonder if she would have it towed for such a miniscule repair..... course, it wouldn't be right for anyone to help such a thing along... and it sounds like they have monitoring of the lots anyway.....

I always envisioned putting a valve stem corer in the chuck of a battery powered drill, walking up to a vehicle, and in about 25 seconds having all 4 cores out of the tires... would have to be on a stormy night so that nobody would hear it..... ;)

I wouldn't advise it, however.

So many ideas... never to be exercised...

Reply to
KWW

Pride in my own home???? So why would anyone care about someone elses home pride?? If you don't like the way I do or look, don't look . As I speak, the bloodhound is howling, the donkey braying, my coyote howls cause she hates the donkey noise and my llama is eating the grass on the east side of my house. 5 cars and trucks, two trailers on the west side of the house. God, I love the idea that I have nobody living near to give me their rules on mowing my yard, PS my llama is not for rent. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Not a long time ago, a local judge (local to Providencia, Chile) made a housewife stay one night in jail for not paying a fine the local municipality had issued upon finding her front grass not taken care of..

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:02:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) scribbled this interesting note:

Sounds very similar to a line out of Lonesome Dove..."We don't rent pigs."

John Willis

There's this herd of goats someone rents to people in the local area to clean brush for fire safety. A california thing... unmanned yard cleaning service.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

David Gravereaux wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Wheewwww, I thought, well, I did think, Oh never mind.

Reply to
TerryB

I do have two goats also that keep the grass eaten around a fenced lagoon I own. ..Works for me. Bill does get a little strong smelling at times, but what the hell, it keeps people away.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Having just purchased a house, The criteria I made for the search included, NO HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION. That was a huge consideration in my search what with all the bugs and stuff I have too.

I didn;t want to pay someone to spend my money on lawsuits either..............but that's another consideration to this whole Association thing.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®