Carb removal THING

I thought for a change I would make a long story long:

I have a 74 Thing with 12,000 miles on it. I don't need it so it was bought as a hobby car, the car I shudda bought new after college. It wasn't running very well at all so I took it to the a shop and they said I needed the carburetor overhauled. The price? $1000. This made me just kind of give up on it and it has been sitting for about 5 years now. NOW I find I can get a new carburetor for it for about $150. The mechanic was SUCH A CROOK. So I am getting gung ho about fixing it up and getting on the road again.

I remember trying to remove the Carb before and not being able to do it. I don't think I could reach the bolts. What is the best tool for taking the carburetor out with? Should this be a easy, moderate or involved job?

Thanks

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

With delicate touch you can do it with a box wrench (1/2" or 13mm). The trick is to loosen the nut facing you first; then the front one will be much easier to unscrew.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to