Ignition swtich sticks.. any ideas.

Hi,

73 type 2 Westie Van.

Turning the key in the ignition to engage the starter motor, the spring return, no longer returns the key to just ignition on... instead leaves the starter motor engaged. At the moment, I can hear the engine fire up and turn the key back manually to where the ignition is just on. Works fine just really annoying, and ok when I drive it, but when other people drive they tend to leave the starter engaged so going to be out a new starter in no time.

Anyone else have this issue.. any ideas ? Before I start pulling it apart : )

Thanks

William.

Reply to
William

I can't remember what '73 looked like. Was it like this:

If so, he's got a good step x step.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim