CDI and GEN light

Hi all First off, thanks to everyone who has shared their wisdom on this site. One problem that I can't seem to find an answer to: I recently installed a Mallory Hyfire 6 CDI and hi performance coil in my 73 bug. (Splurging) Used heavy plug wires, NGK plugs and modified rotor from ACN. It fired right up (!) but the GEN light decided to remain on. I bypassed the stock coil back to the distributor and had the same result. Thought about reinstalling the old plug wires and rotor but ran out of daylight. Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Does that car have generator or alternator (some did)?

The CDI simply gets power from the Blk wire that was on the old Coil?

If you have a meter, measure battery voltage while revving. Report back.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hi Jim Turns out it was dirty fuses. Cleaned the contacts as soon as I got home just in case and the gen light was gone. Thanks anyways!~

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Sweet....how's that CDI and new ignition stuff working?

Reply to
Anthony

LUV it. Really makes the cold starts easier. One click did what usually takes several seconds of turning over. Good stuff.:)

Reply to
Steve