Warning Braking light

My braking light were always on because a bad switch on the master cylinder. I replaced the bad switch, but now every time I begin to break the warning brake light turns on. If I break harder it turns off. It looks like that the 2 switches aren?t opening and closing at the same time. Do I have to replace both when one of them is bad?

Joao

Joao Eliseu

You are correct; one of them is closing at a slightly different time/pressure. You could replace one at a time and see if that fixes it.

The new replacement switches are of terrible quality; this is a common problem.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for your reply :-)

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Solved! I bought a new switch to replace the new one and now it is working fine The first switch I bought the plastic part of the switch was white. The last I bought the plastic is black as the original.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Forgive the sarcasm, but I despise those lights- always had one problem or another with the warning light on my '71. For a quick fix, you could always unplug the warning light and tape the wire. Just don't do the same with your oil light.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave G

No need. Either the wire connection is loose or the bulb is out on my bug's warning light. I've noticed that one of the speedo lights is coming on and off too. I guess after I get done with refurbishing the doors and painting a few more areas, I will redo the wiring. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

You don't fix it...you simply hide it!!! ;-

"Dave G" wrote:

Joao

Joao Eliseu