Changing the frontend of the 1303 - difficult?

Hello Aircoolers! I think i have to change the frontend of my 1303 due to rustdamage.

see picture of the part i want to change:

BTW: Whats the proper name for this part of the car?

Is it difficult to align the new part before welding? There are several boltholes in the frontend where i can bolt it to the top. Should this be fine? I hope i can do it without removing the top of the car. Is this possible or do i have to install the pan of the car in a rigging bench (jig) or whatever? Greetings from Denmark...MIC

Reply to
MIC

It's called "Frame Head". and yes, it can be tricky to get it straight. But with patience and enough time, you can do it.

Karls

Karls Vladimir Peña