Cleaning the case?

I'm starting my first case-up engine build. The case is a new AS41 that has been cut for 90.5s and full-flowed. I've already pulled the galley plugs and tomorrow I'm (hopefully) getting the plugs and taps.

So, how does one get a mag case good and clean?

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

After the regular cleaning(de-greaser of choise) you can let it soak in either Cool Aid or Vinegar, this brings back the original matt finnish(no joke).

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Vinegar I can believe. But cool aid? Sounds ... sticky.

(And, I had no idea Matt was finnish.) ;-)

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

what flavor KoolAid? i remember summer camp as a kid, they called KoolAid "bug juice". is that why?

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

Any flavor. Unsweetened. No sugar. The term "Bug Juice" is an old Navy slang word for Kool Aid. Seems that most galley's on ships are overrun with c*ck roaches. Every once in a while one or two would show up in your glass! Yuck!. Hence the term "Bug Juice" was born. US Navy , Retired,ABFCS

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed, Ghia Front Disc)

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, Will rewire and put on road soon.

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill