Case Studs

OK, first stupid question of the year.

I've got a 50 hp case and I'm putting dual port heads on it, 85mm cylinders. I forgot that the 2 center case studs needed to be shorter for the dual port heads. OK, so back to the shop, 4 new studs, remove the heads and put the new studs in and they are too short. Just to see how it would work out, I backed out the ones on one side a few threads, just enough for the washer and the nut to make full contact and it'll hold and torque OK but I just don't like it.

So, suggestions? Besides the obvious, I know I'm going back for different studs but thats a few days off now. Work is getting in the way of my toys.

Reply to
Tcrdn11

That would be my only suggestion :( Fisher Buggies did that to me one time. I was up there for a show and figured I'd get the studs I needed while I was there (except I was going to single port from dual). I explained what I was doing The guy said "oh I know exactly which ones you need". Brought out 4 crusty used studs, sold them to me for like 4 bucks a piece. Get home and they are the wrong ones! Bastards!!!! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

66' panel 71' westy 73' baja
Reply to
Mark Detro

A "few" threads? Then no problem at all. As long as you have case savers in the case and you have the studs into them more than 20mm or so, you are fine.

Jim SR Racing

Reply to
Jim