Vacume advance ???

I have a 1500 single port 1968 ? with out vacume advance ,didn't they use one or did somebody take it off ? jerry

Jerry - OHIO

The stock 1968 Beetle ign distributor IS supposed to have a vacuum advance AFAIK. Post your distributor #s.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I have that year engine etc, and mine has a VA fitted.

Spike

Reply to
Spike

I had a '72 1302S with no VA on the distributor. It was supposed to have at least one vacuum line but I assumed the distributor had worn out and replaced with a Bosch 009 - the 'cure all' distributor. It suffered from hesitation on pulling away but that was a trait of the model in any case apparently. Apart from that it ran fine until a lorry pulled out in front of me last January. I've got a '68 1300 now. It's got a VA distributor - and lots of less agreeable features at the moment.

Reply to
Paul