front disks on an oval question

Plan to install a lowered front disk brake kit on my '55 euro oval with narrowed beam and polished empi 5 spokes.Looking at this kit :

I need to replace the stock single circuit master cylinder with a laterdual circuit model? I remember reading once that you needed to replace itwith one from a Ghia.

Reply to
bugman1955

If you can find a MC from a Ghia in good condition, then use it. The differences are that it doesn't have the residual pressure valves for the front (disk brake) circuit, the ports for the front circuit have a very small diameter to balance front / rear braking action and the threads on the MC where the front brake lines are attached have different size. These MCs, are not available new. If you use the standard replacement dual circuit MC, you have to do several modifications and know what you are doing to make it work properlly.

Otherwise, it would be better to stay with the single circuit MC. Allthough not 100% correct, it will provide much more satisfactory braking than using an unmodified dual circuit MC.

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Reply to