Steering Wheel

I really want to get a beautiful wood steering wheel for my bug. Does anyone know what size it needs to be or if I need an adaptor, where do I
get one.
There are several on ebay right now that have caught my eye. All are center single bolt.
Thanks Susan 74 Std Betty
You do need an adapter. I have nice wood wheel by Formula France (mid priced <100 complete). Other makers are Grant and top end Momo. For all you need the appropriate adapter ($30-50) to mate to the column splines, set distance from turnsignal lever and hook up horn. Before buying decide on the size you want -- a smaller wheel will making parking more strenuous. Some wood wheels are real wood and others are plastic that looks better than real wood and requires no maintenance. A wheel from a Toyota or other car will most likely not fit yours - so don't waste your time there. Try some of the online VW parts places like CIP1. Get a matching shift knob.

center

Just a heads up that once the adaptor is installed, the self canceling feature of the turn signals may no longer work, at least was the case with my recent wheel transplant.
GaryT