couple of questions re springs

Hi all,

Yesterday out working on the bug seemed to have a bit of a theme.

I was reassembling the pedal cluster on my '68 1500 RHD, and after getting the clutch cable reconnected I realised that I wasn't quite sure how the spring next to the clutch pedal is supposed to sit. The smaller end of the spring is pretty obvious where it goes, however the longer end.....

Does it lay flat on the floor or does it need to be wound up a bit and hooked onto the arm of the clutch pedal?

Also when refitting the wiper mechanism, the diagram in the Haynes workshop manual shows a small "retaining spring". However I can't see anywhere that I'd hook the spring on the mechanism.

Any clues/pics/descriptions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Spike.

Reply to
Spike

For the pedal spring, the long straight end lays flat and forward - There is no need to wind it up. Don't know of any spring on the wiper mechanism.

Reply to
Peter

For the pedal spring, the long straight end lays flat and forward - There is no need to wind it up. Don't know of any spring on the wiper mechanism.

Reply to
Peter

If the assy. isn't any different from my older '61 mechanism, then I have some digital pictures that I took when I was replacing the shafts... I didn't want to have a problem re-assembling and so took pictures. I hopefully still have them somewhere. I might have tossed them after I was successful but I can have a look. There are a couple of springs, I recall.

Reply to
Red Bug

Ahh thanks guys.

Sorry to a while to reply, had a bit of a clutch disaster with the heap I'm driving while doing the resto.

Cheers again for your replies.

Spike

Reply to
Spike