different types of FWEEM?

The other day, I saw a sweet later bug (either 68+ standard or early super) go around the corner up ahead of me from a stop as I was walking my dog. Definitely did not sound like any stock bug I've had it sounded more like a high speed blender, certainly Fweem but different. Was this just due to a higher compression ratio? - DB

Reply to
DB

probably just too high a gear, as in still in 1st, when it shouda been in third

Reply to
vwluvrs

There's this new trend here in the SF bayarea to put tips on your pipes that whistle. And I really mean whistle! Mostly heard on hondas and other jap cars.

Personally, its the strangest sound I've ever heard coming from a car.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

They used to do that on Model Ts and Model As many moons ago.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

Nope, definitely heard a shift into second and the speed limit is only 25. Just had a different sound. Granted I didn't catch the muffler, but it didn't sound like your typical stock, nor stinger or other hide away. Maybe it was a fresh plant. Kinda sounded like an old 911, but I doubt it had that kind of motor in it. - DB

Reply to
DB

I haven't seen/heard that here in DC yet, the big trend seems to be rims on big luxo SUVs (Navigaters/Escalades) that have a piece that make the rim look like its going in reverse or at least appear to do that - totally hysterical. Noticed them arbout a half dozen times but haven't seen one sitting in traffic to figure out exactly whats what with the rims. - DB

Reply to
DB

DB,

Are you talking about "spinners?" They are an outer wheel sized trim piece mounted on the hub that that keeps spinning when the car is stopped. When the car takes off, they don't get up to speed as fast as the wheels and look like they are going reverse. They just started showing up here in Beaufort, SC about a year ago. Looks neat, but way too expensive.

Petrie

Reply to
Petrie