disc brake conversion on 1600 beetle (1971)

Where can I find info and parts to do this type of conversion?

The easiest way by far is to use the uprights of the 1600 Beetle which already has the disc brakes up front. Or do you want them at the back too?
Ad
<DIV><FONT size=2>Where can I find info and parts to do this type of conversion?</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
AMKON wrote:

Is this a "Standard" Beetle with torsion beam front end or "Super" Beetle with McPherson strut front end?
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks /
Yes, it is standard beetle torsion bar front end. Available through the late 70s on 1600 beetles.

www.aircooled.net sells MANY different disc brake kits. The quality is excellent. You will be able to find one for a torsian bar beetle or a super beetle. I put one of their front disc kits on my 73 std, and the only complaint I have is that I can't afford one for the rear wheels! Super beetle wiill be easier to do, becuase you don't have to remove the spindle. If you're doing a standard beetle, you will have to replace the spindles with the ones provided in the kit, and this is the only really dificult part...and it's not even that dificult. Do it with a friend, and you should finish in 5 hours at the MOST. Well...it took me and my friend about 7 hours, because we didn't have some of the proper tools...like a fork to seperate the spindle from the balljoint arms...and we screwed up bleeding the brakes, and had to do it many times. good luck! ~Anthony