Does this ride height look good (pics)?

I needed to adjust the rear suspension on my buggy to lower it to accommodate the lighter fiberglass body. I tried to go 1 spline on the inner torsion bar, moving the spring plate up 1 spline, but that lowered it too much (9 degrees is too much I guess). So, I figured I needed a finer adjustment, somewhere in between. I decided to go 6 spline up on the inner, and 6 splines back down in the opposite direction on the outer torsion bar. This should've given me about 5.4 degrees of lowering. Below are the links to the pics of the finished product. What are your opinions? It looks to rest just a little high, where the axles are angled down just a tad with no load.

As you can see in these pics, here's what a poorly adjusted rear suspension will do to your tires! This is the condition it was in when I purchased it. Not good.

Steve Gift

After driving it down the street it will settle out [down]. Don't judge it until then. By down the street I don't mean far. I take it this will be a street buggy not an offroad buggy.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
and 6 splines back down in the opposite direction on the outer torsionbar.
Reply to

That would be a toe condition, very good for handling in sand, not good, at least, for tire wear, on tar, ride height is going to affect toe, so you really should align once you have established desired stance, yes? no? beer confuses me.

Reply to
Douglas

Looks Pretty good to me for a streetable buggy. You could also put a little extra weight in the rear to help with traction and safety.................That little light weight fella Screams too don't it? Even with that factory style engine in it.

You may want to keep it lighter but I recommend giving it just a little weight to help out................( couple of removeable ones even............Sand bags>???)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®