ehxaust leak

hi iv just got a 1.5/8" merged header but im not to sure how to join the j tubes iv tryed ehxaust past but that did not work so how are you ment to seal them? thanks luke

Reply to
jex

Typically I have flanges welded on the end of the J-tubes/heater boxes and the header assembly. Then you can use a normal flange gasket. to seal the junction. The asbestos ring tailpipe clamps do not hold up in this location, the vibration loosens them up just as fast as you can replace them.

I have a set of junk heads I use for this purpose. You can bolt the header/J-tubes up and deliver the exhaust system to the muffler shop with the heads, that way everything is lined up as it will be on the car.

Chris

Reply to
Hal