engine

I havea 99 Jetta and the engine cranks but doesnt turnover. It did it before and i replaced the distributor and rotor and it started working fine. But now it did it again. I already replaced the distributorcap and rotor again and it still doesnt work. Could it be the timing jumped?

Reply to
deuces

Yep, jumped right into the aircooled group

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Wrong group,

But..., check for spark first. Use an old plug, take a plug wire off, insert old plug, hold outside of plug against ground and have a friend crank the engine. Look for spark. Hope that works on such a new car.

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

or could since some people are scared of bein shocked head down to yer local auto parts store, or tool shope and ask for a spark testing tool, odd looking thing kinda like a stubby test light with a 4inch spark plug wire on it. they usually run under 10 bucks clip it on the plug then your plug wire onto it lights up when turning the engine over if your getting spark.. if not. check your fuel pump(s) i dont know on the jettas but i had a 83 rabbit and it had 2 fuel pumps did the same kinda deal your talkin about. but check and see if your getting fiel to your intake. hopefully this is your problem cos fuel delivery is much easier to track down and solve than ignition... for me at least =)

Brian owner of the half cal 69' Bug

Reply to
cvds

Should check for such a tool here, the only thing that shocked me lately was the fuel prices.

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Reply to
cvds