Engine Seal holder Tin

Anyoone have access to a junkyard? I need the strip tack welded on the inner portion of the engine time that holds the engine seal. I am restoring a 70 Ghia and the section of that tin on the left side around to the middle back is mising or rotted. bug tin is the same. We finally got the paint off and there is virtually no rust anywhere on the car and what is is surface rust. The fellow I got the car from had a wheel let loose and go through the left rear quarter. I have fixed that but still need that piece or pieces that hold the seal . By the way. If you have aluminum wheels retorque the lug nuts regularly. Aluminum have a tiny bit of flex steel wheels don't and over a period of time the lug nuts will back off. Tim Klopfenstein

504 Nighland Wds Dr W Mobile AL 36608 251-460-2782
Reply to
Tim Klopfenstein

Isn't it fairly easy to make your own? Just a strip of sheetmetal with the long sides folded over to form the channel.

I found a curtain clip rail that was almost an exact match, and made mine out of that. Not sure if it is sold anymore, it looked old.

I'm sure my mom won't miss her kitchen curtains ;)

Jan

Tim Kl>

Reply to
Jan

I'm not sure exactly what peice you need, but I have alot of tin & I'm sure I have it. :-) Email me off-list & we'll get together. imthadriver at yahoo. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver