Where to buy 91 Cherokee Lug Nuts

Can anyone tell me where to buy 91 Cherokee lug nuts for a reasonable price? They are the chrome covered type. Napa wants $3.99 a piece for them. I would like to replace all of them. That price seems rediculous. It would be OK with me to use standard lug nuts and let the stud stick out.

Thanks in advance. Gary

Reply to
Gary

I cannot stand those covered lug nuts. Inevitably they mash up and get stuck in my socket. I see them around for about 14 dollars for a set of 5. Shop around local parts stores. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Our local part store sells solid steel ones so those damn caps aren't an issue. I think the solid ones are around 4 bucks and the cap ones cheaper.

Mike

Mike Romain

Hi Gary,

I got chrome plated solid lug nuts at Walmart for about half that price.

Steve

Gary wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I bought a complete set off of ebay.

Reply to
Dave in Columbus

Make sure you purchase the ones with out the cap. After a while the cap comes off so when you try to remove the tire the socket is too big and you can strip the nut.

I just replaced all of mine on my TJ 2002, all the caps had come off.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

Isn't the point of the cap to prevent corrosion and rust from seizing the lug nuts to the studs?

Wblane

So the stud threads are covered by the lug nut so they won't rust/corrode?

Wblane

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Uhh, yea sure they are. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

They sell lug nuts at the store.

Reply to
CRWLR

That was really informative.

Wblane

I bought a complete set with 4 locking nuts also for around $26 at PepBoys about 2-3 years ago.

later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I ended up buying 5 lug nuts at NAPA for $3.99. The rest are still usable for a while. I couldn't find any other local store including Autozone and Walmart that carried them. I live in Mentor, Oh (Northeastern Ohio). I am still looking for a complete set that I can mail order that are solid steel. So if anyone has an url, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Gary

Reply to
Gary

I bought sets of 4 solid steel, chromed lug nuts in some of those HELP brand bubble packs from Advanced Auto for about that price for each package. These come with the coned end to fit the wheel - which my old aluminum wheels accept - so check whether your rims can used the coned nuts. These were blind tapped so the top is solid and they have a nice ledge at the bottom so that they don't disappear into the socket, which is nice with the deep recesses in my wheels. Been on for 4-5 years, so I guess they are OK - even the Sam's tire shop hasn't been able to mess them up.

Reply to
Will Honea

Thank you.

Seriously, they sell lug nuts at the store. I bought mine in sets of four. They are the chrome type, I forget the cost.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Have you visited your local tire store?

I don't know what lug nuts should cost, but my local tire store GAVE me a complete set (20) for my BMW when I bought 5 tires recently. I upgraded my BMW from 15" to 17" rims, and the old rims used a center cap to cover the ugly lug bolts, but the new rims have exposed chrome lug bolts. They must not cost very much because the installer pulled a box off the shelf and put them on at no charge. sure, I bought 5 tires, but if the bolts cost alot, they would have passed along at least some of the cost.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I bought a package of 4 at Napa for $5.69, that works out to about $1.40 each. Chrome, 1/2" RH thread. Part Number 7352146.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Perhaps, but they are "decorative" (for lack of a better word). These are not your plain jane lug nuts that one would be happy to hide behind hub caps, they are out in full view for all to admire.

And, when one needs lug nuts, one really doesn't care what they cost. If you get my drift.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland