Engine specs from Serial Number?

What exactly can be figured out from the stamped number on an engine block. For example if a Type 3 engine is stamped T0343956 what does that tell me? And where could I look to figure it out myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Dwayne Neel

That probably tells you it's a late(november?) '66 1600cc, 54Bhp engine.

Roger

"Dwayne Neel" schreef in bericht news:BL%Sb.69644$U%5.389805@attbi_s03...

Reply to
Bug59

I thought TO's (66'-67) were still 1500's? Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

That case was originally supplied as an early '67 1600 cc, dual carb, type 3 engine.

Made in Nov of '66, as someone else posted, is quite likely.

-

Jim Adney

All T's were 1600s.

-