Exhaust

Anybody have a link to site or diagram for what to get if you want to put new exhaust on a 71 super? I went to Midas, the muffler experts, and stumped them. The part in their parts book says that it needs to have a flange or something cut and welded, which made no sense to anyone. And needless to say no one there had ever done one and nothing is in stock. I've never done exhaust on a beetle before and wondered if when you buy the heat exchangers are the pipes inside already or is there more to buy? I'd like to keep it stock.

Thanks for any help in this, should be simple, area.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Yes the pipes are usually installed in the Heat Exchangers at the factory. I would find a place that CAN work on your air-cooled VW. JMHO but Midas ain't it, at least not here in Chicago. Where are you?

Repair manuals are always nice to read too! ;-)

dave