candoo exhauste

hi,

does anyone know of a replacement for the candoo "hide-a-spare" exhauste? the sound level has gotten to be too much.

tia, peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza

I think that there's a SuperTrapp that does a similar thing, but if quieter is what you want, SuperTrapp isn't the way to go .

Probably the quickest, cheapest, easiest thing to do is to go to your nearest muffler shop and explain what you want, both in terms of plumbing (i.e. "this goes here") and sound dampening. They ought to be able to custom-make you something for 100-150.

Don't bother with Midas/Meineke. Find an independent shop that people know and trust. Last exhaust problems I had, I took mine to a muffler shop. I was having a leak on the joint from cat to exhaust. I said I wanted it welded. There were some cars waiting, so I figured dropping it off and getting it back that afternoon. Guy says, "let's put it on the lift". He looks at it, says, "yep, see the leak"... pulls out a sawz-all, bzzzzzzzzzzzzt-bzzzzzzzzzzzt and the flange is gone. Puts in a piece of slightly-smaller pipe to join the two cut ends, hooks up his welding unit, throws on a mask.. (at this point, I notice the tiny pinholes all over his t-shirt and realize where he got them). Two minutes of welding and it's done. THen he notices that the cat front flange is leaking a little too, and zaps that.

The whole thing took about 15 minutes and cost me 20 bucks. And it's held with no problems for...oh, maybe 4 months so far... which works out to about

10,000 miles.
Reply to
FrinkLemur

thanks, that sounds like the trick. peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza