Cylinder Head Exhaust Stud and nuts

I an going to attempt to replace the stock muffler on my 73 Beetle and the cylinder head exhaust flange studs are pretty rusted. Does anyone know where I can buy these studs and nuts. I can't seem to find them in any of my catalogs. Thanks in advance Dan

Reply to
Dan Olson

you need the 8x35mm

i personally recommend these for the exhaust nuts:

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

How do you remove the old rusted stud without breaking it?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

thats a whole different ballgame, so to speak....heh...do a search on this newsgroup, it has been covered many times in great detail with many different ways and varied levels of success....