Filling the pocket

Over these lo many years, the bitty guide wheel at the top of the Wonderbus's sliding door has gradually pounded a little pocket in the guide track when the door is in the fully upright and closed position. Now, when the door is closed, the little wheel rattles. I did a temporary fix by layering duct tape in there, but it's wearing out quickly and the rattle is returning. 'Bout to drive me loony.

What's the RAMVA-approved pocket-filling compound?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

................It looks like Mr Rocket is finally ready to become like Thor and start wielding bolts of lightning (renting an arc welder).

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Mr. Rocket has a Pocket.................LOL

Sorry I couldn't help it,...........Silly mood tonight.

Could you take a picture that is worthwhile to share of this "pocket"?

I am curious to see what I can offer in help. if any..............

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Try POR putty. Dries hard as steel, should last a good long time. Try spackling it in there with a paint stirrer, and get it good and smooth, then I would recomend painting it with por-15, then the color of your bus. (Unless there's no paint in there...) ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

its a VW its an unwritten rule you need to use JB weld somewhere ...this seems like a good spot.

Reply to
Tim

Compound?? What are you suggesting? a ramva approved bondo-clone? chemicals? In this newsgroup there is room only for pure metallic solutions! Learn to weld, boy! in metal we trust! death to the bondo!

Hahaha.......of course I'm joking.

I would also like to know if there is a non-evil putty according to the trusty old ramva.

Ant

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

How about Bondo to fill it in and a strip of sheet metal tacked on top to give it strength....YBMV

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik