Finally painted!!!

Following my accident in March, my '66 has been in the bodyshop for just over a week now, went to have a look today and it's been painted :-D

Photos look a bit yellowed and spotty, but it was taken through the window of the paintbooth and is not like that on the car.

It needed the front quarter pulling back into shape, as well as the original front valance and bonnet straightened out. I also had the top sections of the bonnet rubber channel replaced since they had disintegrated (again), and a few other odd patches of paintwork done here and there that have been irritating me for ages.

The wing is a very good repro, sadly I couldn't find a NOS one in time and I had to make a compromise since I needed the car back... but since it was cheaper than quoted to the insurance company it's given me the budget for sorting a few other things out

but wings are easy to replace should I find the elusive NOS one ;-)

I did find a spotlight... a Wipac 470 foglight in yellow. Not a perfect match, but at least it matches the other side until I find the correct replacement...

Couple of days now and it'll be back and looking superb (and I can stop borrowing my brother's Citroen) heh

Reply to
Howard Rose

That must feel good -- Congratulations!!

Reply to
remco

What model Citroen?

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Nothing interesting Ben! It's a 1996 Citroen AX Dimension:

It's actually quite a fun little car to drive!

Reply to
Howard Rose

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I've been to France twice this summer, 2 weeks with friends in Lyon, and 1 with family near Perpignon. Quite a lot of old French Citroens and Peugeots in daily use! Even saw a Porsche tractor at Rennes Le Chateau. Want pics?

Reply to
Howard Rose

Reply to
Ben Boyle