Finaly

Today at 2:32 PM it rained. The good news is this is first real rain for many months. The day time temps top 105 and flirt with 110 for the past few weeks.

I have not been able (willing) to enjoy the Vw commute for many weeksnow and look forward to cooler (

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

But it's a dry heat, right? LOL

Last Saturday, as I was driving my '69 to our club meeting, unbeknownst to me, the temperature was a cool 99 degrees F. Including the humidity in the equation, the local weather indicated that the heat index put the temp at around 106 - 110F.

Since I had to drive the '69 (stock 1600cc with solid engine lid, no standoffs, no tennis ball on the latch) about 1/2 hour to the meeting through a mix of 55 mph roads followed by the last couple miles of stop-and-go downtown driving, I was curious as to the engine temp.

As soon as I shut it off at the meeting, I ran around to the back, popped the lid and grabbed the dipstick. It was just on the borderline of being too hot to hold. I could still pull it out and put it back in without blistering my fingers, though. I was pleased. I'm still debating replacing the lid with a louvered one, but think I'll just grab an old tennis ball out of the garage and save having to paint an engine lid some color that I don't have a paint code for.

Reply to
Malcolm