just like the governator.........

...........I'm back. Took the usual two week camping trip up to the Adirondaks. Fishing, swimming, waterskiing, hiking, drinking beer around a camp fire, no beeper, no desktop, no worries. I had my own state owned island all to myself on Lower Saranac Lake and it was a terrific spot...........very beautiful with the mountains and conifer forests, granite boulders sitting just beneath the surface of the lake waiting to destroy my outboard. Gangs of hooligan bluejays raiding my campsite and getting into the dog's bag of food while I'm sleeping off those Coronas. In fifty more weeks, I just might do it all over again.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Welcome to the group, Timothy! Introductions are in order. How about tell us about some of your interests and what brings you to the air-cooled group? Enjoy your stay, and God bless you!

Reply to
Shaggie

Sounds to me like you had a good time!

All the best for the reminder of the year.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

...................Hello RAMVA. I'm a fifty three year old aircooled enthusiast who is the one who gave The Shagmeister a big-time ass-whooping for cutting up a pristine '63 bug with a Dremel that he probably bought at Wal-Mart. Of course, that was more than a few years ago and since then I've learned to appreciate the idea that redneck engineering is its own reward for those who practice it.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Welcome old timer....hehe

what's wrong with cutting up a bug? Like its *never* been done before....heh

not just for those that practice it but for those that appreciate it....

(welcome back....you got catching up to do...the "meeting of the minds" went well...)

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

its own reward for those who practice it.

OK, Tim. Spill the beans. We all wanna hear about your redneck engineering project. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Hey Tim, Good to see you back. Sounds like you had a great time.

David

Narley Dude®

'72 Super Beetle 'vert

Reply to
Narley Dude®

................Thanks Chris. Is there a thread here that I've overlooked on the aftermath of that weekend? With some pics?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.............I've usually got my nose buried in a shop manual while I'm wrenching..........a man has to know his limitations.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

..........Thanks Joern.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

.........Thanks David..........I look forward to tent camping for two weeks every summer. It's interesting to experience how things change without electricity and all the lights, fans, appliances, computers, etc. that go with it. It's almost like making a connection with the distant past when people had to be more self-reliant.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.............It looks like you guys had a great time. Now that I've seen what you look like Chris, I'll have to remember to not be too annoying whenever we meet someday. You look like you could whip your weight in bobcats.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

wonderful time...greatly enjoyed it...it is kinda wierd to sit there talking to someone that you have "known" for a long time, for the first time...heh...

hehe..thanks tim...but i'm a very peaceful and happy guy....unless provoked..heh...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Whip your weight in bobcats???? (Bobcat = tiny Catterpillars (sp?) ) Nick name Tiny?

UHHhh, I guess I'm just a tiny dumb forregneir :o)

Me lingusto Norwegiane no comprehende, or the answer is: 42!!

J. (Better behaved than the...(me think therefore me be)...)

Ps. Odd farts in your general direction. And there is not a single thing I can do about it!!

Hell und sel.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

No, no, no. A ferocious bobcat, like this one:

I could....... Well, you know. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

no way, no how....i'm not messing with that thing...someone could get hurt....heh

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Ah!!! I agree with you totally. Been planning on a camping trip to Colorado (where fly fishing is great) for a couple of years, it was postponed due to the major car accident we had 1 year 1/2 ago that left my wife in a wheelchair that long. Now that she is back on her feet, we need to save back up vacation time. I still do like to camp overnight at a local lake and fish.

David Narley Dude®

'72 Super Beetle 'vert

Reply to
Narley Dude®