Fireman pump

Look what I found!!!

Here in Portugal VW engines were used to extinguish fires and not only to start them. They are putting these fine pumps on museums and maybe that?s why, we recently had more fires.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Wow -- a bug engine that can put out its own fire!! :)

Do you have that pump in your posession? If so, very cool!

Reply to
Remco

We have had those too, quite many "industrial" engines were built for purposes such as this.

jan

Joao Eliseu wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Interesting to see a Vac dizzy on there. I always thought you would see a centrifugal....

james

Reply to
Juper Wort

No, it is on a Fire Department Museum on a town. I found it when I was passing and I enter to take some photos.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

It is so old that someone could change it

Joao

Joao Eliseu

"Joao Eliseu" schreef in bericht news:437b1cbe$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.ugs.com...

The dizzy is right (if i'm not mistaken) i't's to keep the engine runnig at steady RPM

There are diffenrent types of industial engines: Type 122 is a 25hp engine, type 122/1 a 30hp, type 122/2 a 34hp. These are all 1200cc type 1 (bug) Type 124 is a 1500cc 45hp (type 3) engine and type 126 is a 42hp (type 2 bus)engine

Very common in the 'old days'. My bug is (yet) running a '63 type 122/2 engine, of course altered to a bug. There are some fire busses driving around here with a fire pump in the middle, so two engines in one car :-)

Roger

Reply to
bug '59