Flushing the VW transmission

If I was to have my 1990 VW van's transmission "flushed" what is the standard procedure used by most shops?

That is, do they remove the pan and strainer and clean out the gunk first, then replace it and start the pump or ??

Also, just what is the flushing fluid?

Thanks!

Reply to
G.I.O.

okay....i was very tempted to tell you about putting it in the toilet.....and...well..okay.....flush-n-fill these days is just pumping the fluid out through the filltube/dipsticktube, and refilling....a real "transmission service" usually includes new filter and gasket....you might want to try your question at Rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled , this is the aircooled group....good luck

Reply to
Joey Tribiani