Moon hubcaps loose on new chrome rims

My VW moon hubcaps are too loose on new chrome wheels, not snapping onto the rim nipple securely.

Any thoughts or suggestions to allow them to snap on securely would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
Steve Mc

What size are these wheels? Are they like these? VWC-135-601-025-P - STOCK STEEL WHEEL 15 X 5-1/2 4-BOLT ( 4-3/4 INCH BACK SPACING) - BEETLE 68-79 - GHIA 67-74 - TYPE-3 - READ SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT HUB CAPS! see this link:

Special note about hub cap fitment: With this first production run of the 4 bolt steel wheels, the 4 hub cap nubs which the caps snap onto are a little to large. This makes fitting most hubcaps onto these wheels a problem. All aftermarket caps we have tried do not fit without grinding a small amount of steel off of each nub.

The only hub cap that fits perfectly is our cap number VWC-251-601-151- ASC, click here to view.

DO NOT ORDER THESE WHEELS IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO MAKE YOUR CAPS FIT, OR WILLING TO PURCHASE OUR CAPS, WE WILL NOT ALLOW ANY RETURNS OF THESE WHEELS FOR HUB CAP RELATED PROBLEMS.

Reply to
Jim347a

Here's what a friend suggested, and so far, it's working great.

Placed a few small pieces if duct tape on each nub where the hubcap snaps on. Works great. Nice, secure fit.

Now, what are the tricks in removing hubcaps without scrathing the rims.

Thanks,

Reply to
Steve Mc

Don't worry about small scratches.

Just stand back about ten feet and squint your eyes.

Reply to
Jim347a