Where Can I Buy 165 SR 15 Tires for my '73 Beetle.

Hello! I am having trouble finding tires for my '73 Beetle. It has stock 15 inch 4.5 rims.

I would like to keep using 165 SR 15 tires.

What could I use as an alternative or do I have to buy the 5.5 15 inch wheels and use the 185 SR 15 tires? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Jim347a

Discount tire and Big-O tires(both local chains to me) have been able to special order them. I haven't been able to find them in stock locally for quite a while.

If that's not an option, CIP has them for 65 each

Chris

Reply to
halatos

wasn't this just covered here? jcwhitney might also sell them too. They were offering buy 3 get one free IIRC.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

skipOver=3Dtrue&y=3D5&ratio=3D0&skipOver=3Dtrue&width=3D165%2F&diameter=3D1=

5&x=3D14&startIndex=3D0&search=3Dtrue&pagelen=3D20&pagenum=3D1&pagemark=3D1= &RunFlat=3DAll

$40 a tire is not bad

Reply to
Kafertoys

i agree that isn't a bad price... but if you want those tires now you are in trouble... they are back ordered..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The ride will be better on the wider tires. IMO, bus rims and 195s look "normal" to me.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Call the 800 number at Premier Tire (Denver, Mountain Time)

the website, click on Passenger Car in the left column. I think they don't show every make of tire that they sell. I bought 155-15 Vredestein tires, which are even rarer than 165-15, from this company several yearsago that were reasonably priced (about $45), and they have held up well. The charge for shipping was reasonable, too. Other people at RAMVA have spoken well of Vredestein. Even if the web site doesn't show it, there's a chance they sell other makes of 165-15.

Randall

Reply to
Randall