Found a 66 beetle for sale-needs work-your thoughts?

Hello!

I've located a 66 beetle that has crashed. Owner says driver fender needs replacement, and the upper panel pulled out. as well as replacing the axel beam. The rest looks good. he wants $700. What do you all think?

Reply to
smcdonaldaz

check for warped frame head, where the axle beam bolts on!

Reply to
vwluvrs

I prefer the '68 and up non Super Beetles. They have independent rear suspension, have less wheel alignment problems, and the cylinder heads are set up for unleaded gas.

Reply to
Sleepy Joe