found another VW house in town... [long]

So... I bought this house back in November last year... I kind of figured that I was going to be the only VW house in town... I mean, come on, there are only 800 (yes, eight hundred) people in town, how many VW's can there be? Well... to my surprise, a month or so ago I drove down a dirt road i had never been down before (though I was probably within 1/4 mile of this place hundreds of times) and my jaw dropped at the sight of a house with 3 beetles behind it. I have yet to go stop in and talk to the people, but I plan on it eventually...

Well... that was pretty cool to find a 2nd house in a town with a population of 800 that was a VW house... there are a few newer VW's don't get me wrong... but they are all NEW (A4 + new beetle stuff, no A1, A2 etc)... add my 16 old dubs with these 3... that's 19 old VW's in this town! (of course there is also a rabbit, notchback and a bay window bus, but they are not DOWNTOWN like I am... possibly a thing too, but it may have just been parked due to a flat tire)

How can this get better? Well... today I was riding shotgun on the way back from the store... and this gives me the opportunity to look off to the side of the road with a little more intensity... We get to town and I look over to my right... OMG!!!!! I see a ghia tucked over to the side of a house covered in a blanket of trees! OMG again, there is ANOTHER ghia right in front of that house!!!

Knowing how I am and that I already have 16 VW's.... I wanted to go over there, but wanted to hold myself back too... WELL... I decided to ride my bike over there... I sat there in the middleofthe road for a while and stared at the creepy hidden house and debated whether to go for it or not... and finally I went in... I get up to the house and now see the boards covering the windows and the house is kind of crumbling down... but right in front/ besdie it are the two pretty ghias (atleast in my eye!) looked to be an early 70's baby blue ghia and a green ghia with a one piece front end... so, instead of approaching the vehicles on the private property, I decide to go to the house in front of the vehicles (they share an alleyway). Well, the girl that came to the door was really nice, we probably talked for 30 minutes or more... turns out her boyfriend had tried to locate the owners of the property several years ago, but never heard anything back... The ghias have been there for at least 3 years. There are no tags, so not really much to go by in locating the owner/s. I didnt get a chance to look for any type of registration since the whole place kind of creeped me out and the sun was setting, but i plan on going back tomorrow and getting pictures. These cars are no more than 1/4 mile from my house... can ride my bike there in a minute or so...

What I know of the cars: #1) light blue ghia, 71/72 model year (i think it was 71 but cant remember right now) in over all decent shape, driver side window is busted out, has some rust starting around the bottom of the decklid/door/heater channel area, has some rust near the headlights, could not see through the floor and the nose has never been hit, the wheels are not on thr ground yet, but the back end is pretty low. engine is still in the car, with a 4 tip exhaust on it. Dash is in near perfect shape and still has a radio, driver seat is torn up, but the rest of the interior, though dirty seems to be okay... Oh and of course the car is completely secure since it has the club installed on the near perfect steering wheel!

#2)green unkown year, has one piece front end, shaved trim, windshield busted out, but i think the dash is in even better shape than the other car's, passenger side looks like it was tboned, interior is custom to boot, may not have an engine (didnt want to get that close to the house to walk around to the back of the car at this time) but there was a single tip exhaust and two heater boxes laying out in front of it...

So... now begins the quest to find the owners of these vehicles and maybe even property and begin the rescue!!!

Reply to
VWGirl