Fuel Pump Woe’s

The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump. It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.

I noticed on one of my older used Brocar pumps has =91e - clips=92 holding that lever pin shaft in place while another old Brosol fuel pump did not have the e-clips. Instead, one end of the lever pin was =91staked=92 to help hold it in place.

It looked like they used a small curved chisel to =91stake=92 it.

What can I use to =91stake=92 a new fuel pump at the lever pin location to help hold that lever shaft pin in place?

Thanks In Advance!

Reply to
Jim Ed

The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump. It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.

When the new fuel pump comes I was thinking of knocking the lever shaft pin out, cleaning it, and applying a little Red Loctite to the ends before replacing it. That should hold it in place.

Reply to
Jim Ed

pull the longer pin out of the older pump and put it, and it's clips, in the new pump...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I put a drop of Crazy Glue on such. and you can spike it too. helps the glue penetrate a bit. best done a new pump. OK>

Reply to
Lamumba