Gas tank fuel hose

When I was replacing the tie rod ends on my '64 Bug a couple months ago I noticed that the fuel hose that goes between the gas tank and fuel line in the frame head looked like it was in need of replacement. Probably original.

hose.jpg Looking at the picture of it, does this look like it is the correct length? I know that my '59 Bug which was a bit different had a longer piece of fuel hose on it (probably not original) that allowed for lifting the gas tank up quite a ways. Does the length matter?

>>Mike
Reply to
Mike64Bug

Okay, try this instead;

Mike64Bug

noticed that the fuel hose that goes between

replacement. Probably original.

know that my '59 Bug which was a bit

allowed for lifting the gas tank up quite a

Tried the pic. Why is EarthLink so browser unfriendly?

Anyway, the length isn't critical. Strongly suggest doing this when the tank is near empty. Do it outside, not in your family garage. And...take this opportunity to replace the mesh screen inside the tank. To get to it, you have to unscrew the big nut on the bottom of the tank. In fact, if everything is original, might be a good time to remove the tank and flush it out; must be full of crud by now.

Order the mesh screen ahead of time: 111 209 147A

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks! That works. Yep, the hose looks pretty bad. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim. I didn't think the length mattered, just wanted to be sure. Darn, I just placed an order with WW and thought about ordering the screen. I'll get it during the next round of parts ordering. I wasn't going to tackle that job right away anyway. The gas tank doesn't look too bad inside but does have some crud in it.

For some reason when I posted my message the first time the link got cut off where I had placed a space in the name of the file. Changed it and re-uploaded it.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

tried telling my girlfriend the same thing.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys