GEX engines are cool

At least they used to be. I've got a 1997 2L rebuild in my 78 Westy 15K miles, runs strong, quiet, no leaks.

Bob Johnson

Reply to
Bob Johnson

.....................You should do a GEX search of the RAMVA archives at Google. If the search goes back to '98 when I started reading the posts here, you'll quickly discover that the OVERWHELMING majority of testamonials are not positive for GEX engines. If you think that only problems get discussed while those who are satisfied stay quiet, think again. Almost every reputable ACVW engine builder and repair shop around the country has GEX at the top of their list of long block vendors that should be avoided. Even here in an out of the way place like Binghamton, NY, there are a few horror stories of local buyers who wasted their money on a GEX engine that was a POS right out of the box.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Having one that works is a statistical probability. Kinda like having one that doesn't work from a good reputable engine builder whose built thousands of engines.

Shit happens! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

My first thought on seeing the subject line (given the recent GEX thread and others in the past) was that this was a joke.

Meaning GEX engines are "cool" because they don't run and therefore can not get "hot" from running.

Reply to
SeanSeaghan

I thought it was the troll again.

Reply to