Gorilla wheel locks... Nay or Yay?

What bolt/nut type of wheel lock have you guys used or know about that got good reviews? Was looking at Gorilla wheel locks for my 8 spoke Empi's. Any good words.... any bad words about them? Of course, just like the anti-theft ordeal, I know if one wants them bad enough they will figure out a way to get them...

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

What bolt/nut type of wheel lock have you guys used or know about that got good reviews? Was looking at Gorilla wheel locks for my 8 spoke Empi's. Any good words.... any bad words about them? Of course, just like the anti-theft ordeal, I know if one wants them bad enough they will figure out a way to get them...

Thanks,

David

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

David, I have seen some pretty cool ( but expensive) wheel lock systemsat NTB in carrollton while waiting for my van to get new tires for work..................they have all kinds and can get several they don't stock. I imagine that almost any tire store could do the same.

Ones I thought looked so fancy were shped like bullets and came with a very special deep tool to grip the flange that was keyed , however the depth takes the "lock look" away and makes 'em look more like decoration.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

I buy tons of tires from a junk yard.... asked the tire guy (they have a dedicated tire mounting/balancing guy) about locking systems...

He pulled out a baggie... said "for $5 you can have the keys to 90% of any SECURITY system out there"

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead

Boy if that aint the truth I have seen all kinds of "go arounds " for wheel lovking lugs.