Got a tough misfire problem...

Working on a 1600 DP with dual Weber ICTs and a Brazilian 050 dizzy. The front 2 cylinders (1&3) are not misfiring at idle. Have replaced plug wires, points and condensor, cap & rotor. Have adjusted valves a few hundred miles ago & checked compression today - about 100 psi all around. Balanced and adjusted carbs ok. Checked emissions with a 5-gas analyzer and the hydrocarbons were way up indicating ignition problems (right?). CO readings were ok.

I worked on another car with the single throat dual carbs several years back that had the same problem and never had the chance to fix it (long story). Don't know if this is a common problem since I mainly deal with stock set-ups.

Any thoughts appreciated...

Jason in Albuquerque

Reply to
Lantrip

Thoughts? I have plenty of those. Can't guarantee their accuracy though. How about mixed up plug wires, fouled or bad spark plugs, or even a flat cam lobe?

-Chip

'56 ghia, '66 beetle

Reply to
Chip Keller