Heater boxes loose casing

Both my heater boxes have what I am calling "loose outer casings". The sheetmetal on the outside of the boxes is loose and moving around. The ends that connect to the muffler and the engine are solid and they do not appear to be rusted.

I can visualize the inside, with the fins around the pipes but I can not seem to figure out how the outer sheet metal is attached to the inside pipes and how to fix it now that it is loose..

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Fred

Reply to
Fred

the outer shell is crimped at the pipe and spot welded....the spotweld can either rust over time or break due to vibration.....a couple spotwelds or strong clamps will fix you right up...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani