Fresh Air Heater Hose

T1 1600

What do you guys do to connect the thin aluminum hose to the heater boxes? My problem is that I have headers and the exhaust pipes from #2 and #4 are in the way to connect the heater hose. I usually bend the hose and crunch it inwards a bit. I am just wondering if there is a better way. I'm tired of the paper burning off the areas the pipe touches the hose. I'm almost to the point where I might bend a few pipes and mock up some fancy attachment similar to the things that are on the stock mufflers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Been having the same issue with mine. What I plan to do as of right now is get that same aluminum hose, bend it in the correct shape (with a sharp, almost 90 degree turn right after it exits from the heater box to allow about a centimeter of clearance). And bring it to a local muffler/exhuast shop so that they can copy my little "template" with some mandrel bent exhaust piping. One shop quoted me $90, which is why I am still exploring alternatives before I commit.

-GE

"T1 1600

What do you guys do to connect the thin aluminum hose to the heater boxes? My problem is that I have headers and the exhaust pipes from #2 and #4 are in the way to connect the heater hose. I usually bend the hose and crunch it inwards a bit. I am just wondering if there is a better way. I'm tired of the paper burning off the areas the pipe touches the hose. I'm almost to the point where I might bend a few pipes and mock up some fancy attachment similar to the things that are on the stock mufflers.

Tim"

Reply to
geoffers