Sliced Bumpers - Cali Style

These were the monster 73 and later monster bumpers. I cut out the 1" dished area full length with two cuts for each bumper. I used a band saw. What you get is 2 "L" shaped pieces per bumper. I took the upper piece and put it over the lower piece. Then used Chrome bumper bolts to put them together. You will have to make smaller mounting brackets to fit between the two half. Very Strong and sleek looking. Just something to think about. It allows more body to show yet protects the car just like stock. Click here to see them

Joe Cali - Next Generation USA

Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

Nice Work Joe What's Next? Dave.

Reply to
Nor-Cal Dave

I like them. The whole car is very nice :)

Just needs to be lowered to the ground ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Joe, what kind of exhaust is that?

Reply to
Bugzilla

Excellent, just outstanding work...how do people think of these things? I just want to know what kind of camera you use...and thanks for no whaletail...

Reply to
pmbedard

Bugzilla and pm thanks. As for the exhaust it is the only one I know of in the U.S. or anywhere for that matter. I saw it only once in a Euro Water-cooled VW mag. sold by a company in the UK - Justkempers for Type IV buses. Hay I figured I have a 914 in my car the muffler should fit. I called them and they had a single or dual muffler for $250. That is cheap for Stainless steel muffler and it sounds great, not loud, just right. I had to cut 6" off each side or the exhausts would be in line with my tires. To save shipping I had it shipped to a co-workers house in London and he shipped it to me in crate of Elevator parts. So no shipping charges. It has no name just a bird of Prey logo. It is a forever muffler. PM as for the camera it was a Video Cam that took photos. I hate whale tails also, and how do I think of these things, well that is all I do. It has been my job for the last 35 years working. I designed many parts and devices used in many of the building in NYC, the Chrysler, Empire State building and rail riding positioning devices and wind speed detectors at the World Trade Center. I had 100 more elevators to go.

If you have been to my site saw the Cali-Deco Pen

that was originally just for me made out of a roller from a Copy machine and SCR Drive system and some junk in my garage. It winds up in Pen World magazine, the Washington DC Art Deco Society and then the U.S.Secretary of Health Tommy Thompson bought one and has it on his desk.

I love tinkering.

Joe

message

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

What kind of header pipes are those?

I have the stainless steel muffler from LA Performance, mine exits from the stock "peashooter" location:

I'd like to modify some bus heater boxes to fit my bug. Have you ever tried this?

Reply to
Bugzilla

Hi Troy, That is wild you are in the UK and that is where mine came from, yet even you have no idea who made them. Well like I said in my post Justkempers is where I got it in the UK and had them shipped to the U.S. Extremely well made out of non-magnetic stainless steel.

message

Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

My exhaust is from the UK, but I am not. I'm in South Dakota. I was just wondering about the exhaust, since mine is similar. I didn't buy the header pipes (J-tubes) when I purchased the muffler, so I need to find something that will work. I've planned to cut back the heater boxes (they are too long--the muffler hits the rear apron) but the bus types have fins that make it difficult. I found a set of 411 style heater boxes... they have only some sheet metal around plain old tubes--much easier to cut.

Thanks, Joe, for your contribution to the hobby. Your book has been a great source of info for me!

Troy

U.S.Secretary

in

Bugzilla

Well it took me long enough to reply. South Dakota??? Ok!! Thanks for the kind words. Sharing is what it is all about.

Joe

message

wrote

news:qc9Tb.43416$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...