Gone for over 2 years....did I miss anything?

After an extended absence (compaq related) I am back in the RAMVA group. I see a lot of familiar names are still around.....Berckman..dragenwagen..Jan...Jan Andersson...Matt S..Mel P....MUADIP...PJ...Shag (who I think I might owe for a sp manifold).

Well, my 71 standard is still in the same condition it was in when my computer went down. The good news is that we are buying a house with a large garage that already has work benches built in, so I finally have room to actually get work done. I'll be getting a dvd player for the garage for those late night Bug Me Video sessions.

Well, I have a lot of reading to do. When i left the group I was considering hacking the top off my 71 and turning it into a retro street rod type. I know, many of you hate this. Sorry. Anyway, if any of you have a link to a site that shows this job, I'd be forever greatful.

Thanks, Ken Hill Juneau, Alaska

Reply to
JuneauBug

Nah! Haven't missed a thing! S.O.S. different year! -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

Those would both be me :) The other one is through Google when I can't access my usual provider.

Welcome back :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ken

Reply to
JuneauBug

Go back and look at Jan's reply. He's not exactly great at top posting either. As a matter of fact, for general habit he's a bottom poster (Which just means you have to sift thru the rest of the bullshit to find a reply. *hinthintJanhinthint* ). Which is funny because he's usually on top...

K.

JuneauBug wrote:

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

...and you still went out and got another wintel box... what were you thinking! ;-) ;-)

You would have been better to talk to PJ first! He made the right move! ;-) ;-)

Reply to
Red Bug

Welcome back. A few things have changed...syntheic oils are in....a few war of words (no blood)...a few religious trolls...etc

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Computer are like women... you never realize how much they mean to you, until they go down on you

;) Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Either you have the wrong Shag (possible) or I forgot (possible) so don't worry about it. Actually I do think you have me confused for someone else. I once gave away a SP manifold but it was attached to a blown engine which was in a '66 Beetle and I didn't expect anything in return for that. :-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

i just had to "sift thru the rest of the bullshit" to see what you were replying to....it was waaaayyyy down at the bottome...at least most bottom posters trim their quotes....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Welcome Back:o)

Reply to
Bill Berckman

All this talk about Jan being on top and Joey getting trimmed....nope....nothing has changed:)

Sneaks '68 Type 1

Reply to
Swenson

Sneaks :)

Welcome back.... *manly hug* ;) you've been hiding again?

Jan

Swens>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Heh. Thanks Jan....but watch the hands..I'm a married man:). Been off in the land of Mustangs working on the son's car...now the snow is gone...the '68 is going to get some attention. This summer's goal: roadworthiness. Ok. So what have I missed? :p

Sneaks '68 Type 1

Reply to
Sneaks

Bite me, dough boy. We weren't talking about trimming, which Jan rarely does any of that either, we were talking about top and bottom. And I didn't trim because you needed the whole story. Go pick on Jim. Jake. John. Dickhead. Assbag. Aalio. Whatever his name is. Btw, how's the cutie pie (I mean the baby, not you)?

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

So is Jan. Kinda.

See above.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

CAREFUL, Jan reads this board....hehe

and often when discussing vw's we discuss common maintenance procedures right along with it, because they go together...like peas and carrots(1$Forest Gump)

so top posters complaining about having to "wade through the bullshit" realize that you do actually need the "whole" story, and make us scroll down to find it? (while complaining about having to do it themselves? we have a word for that) My problem, as you may see, is not whether you post top/bottom/middle/etc, but that most don't have the common courtesy to trim their quote...you top posted here, yet the original quote(that is needed since it is an old topic) was right there....a post well done, reguardless of top or bottom posting...so you bite me...heh

JJ is okay....he's just grumpy..

thanks for the clarification, because i was pretty sure your pet name for me was not "cutie pie".......Devin is doing great thanks....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ooooops. So congratulations are in order?

Or should Kidd have my condolences?

:p

Sneaks '68 Type 1

Reply to
Sneaks

welcome back!

Reply to
dragenwagen

why? Jan can be as grouchy as you are....LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani