Help: gas gauge not working

Can anybody help me giving instructions of how to repair the gas gauge in my 1979 VW bus? it never worked and I would love to repair it. Thank you!!!

Reply to
Manolo

Look on my web site for fuel gauge info.

If you need to access the sender, there is even a diagram showing where to cut the sheet metal (look in Mech section); not recommended if Bus is pristine.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hey all, On my'65 Bus there is a ground wire running from one of the screws holding down the sending unit to the chassis. Is this wire supposed to be there? Isn't the sender already grounded by virtue of being screwed to the tank?

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Normally, one of the sender screws has a plain brass washer to provide grounding, but the additional wire won't hurt.

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim