Help Speedy Jim

You should find your answer in this for your pully type

Mac

OK everything is now running great on the 71 Bug. I have the dual vacuum dist. I want to check the timing and have a timing light I just bought. My pully has two marks. Facing the front, the notch on the left is on the front rim of the pully and is lined up with a little dent/dimple on the back rim of the pully. There is a second notch about a quarter to half inch to the right of that (clockwise). Which is which? Is one TDC. I would assume it's the one with the dimple, but that would put the timing mark before TDC. What gives??

Thanks in advance. Thanks for the help with all these little questions.

John

Reply to
Jakalope

See Mac's reply to verify TDC.

Often, the pulley has been swapped at some point in an engine's history.

The dimple is supposed to be TDC. You are correct that a notch to the right (CW) of the dimple would be "before" TDC.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Guys,

That information is exactly what I needed.

Thanks for the quick replys, John

Reply to
Jakalope